I am trying to build the following process, to be ran on a schedule:
- Export, from an AWS account A, the content of an Aurora database
- Transfer that dump to another AWS account B
- Import the dump in another Aurora database on the account B
Here are two of my constraints:
- I need to be able to put the system in place for multiple databases with different target DBs
- The import DB might not have the same name as the export DB
- Both databases are in the same region
I looked online quite a bit and I was able to find the following article: Automating Cross-Region and Cross-Account Snapshot Copies with the Snapshot Tool for Amazon Aurora
However, it doesn't cover automatically restoring the backup and my attempts at finding a way to do so (using a Lambda for example) have not yield great results.
Is there a way to do so?