I have an ansible playbook which looks roughly like this:
- hosts: firstNode tasks: - name: create cluster shell: "cluster create command" - hosts: otherNodes serial: 1 tasks: - name: joining cluster shell: "cluster join command"
firstNode is always a single host while
otherNodes could be any number.
It's important that each command is executed in serial. I would now like to insert a job before and after each
join command to ensure that everything is working, so for a 3 node cluster the sequence would be the following jobs in serial
- host 1 - create cluster
- host 2 - check cluster status
- host 2 - join cluster
- host 2 - check node status
- host 3 - check cluster status
- host 3 - join cluster
- host 3 - check node status
Is this possible with ansible?