I have a new windows server 2019 machine and now is confused with the ALT+F4 behavior. On my windows 10 and windows server 2016 machines, when I press ALT+F4 with the system focus on desktop, a prompt dialog will popup to let me choose what to do: logoff, shutdown, or restart, etc. But on windows server 2019, the dialog will not popup in some cases and the session is logged off immediately, and all applications are shutdown. This is not what I want and is very inconvenient. For example, when I press ALT+F4 to shutdown one application, occasionally the application lost focus, then the whole system is logged off, all other applications are shutdown. Definitely this is NOT what I meant to do. I tried some different users, here is the result:
- login as local administrator, the dialog popup as expected.
- login as local user, e.g. user1, no dialog.
- add user1 into local Administrators group, still no dialog.
- add the machine into domain, login as Domain Administrator, the dialog popup as expected.
- login as domain user, no dialog.
- add the domain user into local Administrators group, no dialog.
Seems that the dialog pops up only when login as local admin or domain admin. How to make it always pops up on ALT+F4 for all users?