my Problem - I can't connect with my Windows 10 to my work VPN via SonicWall Mobile Connect.
what do I know - If I use my mobile hot spot it works but not when I use my Cable connection (over ISP) it is not working. I get timeouts and I cant put in my credentials.
- I disabled all firewalls (Router, Windows), windows defender and so on
- IPv4 and IPv6 is activated
what do i think the problem is
It looks like the ISP (Unitymedia GER) uses DS-Lite so my IPv4-Address is not reachable for my companys VPN. I assume that this causes the problem. Unfortunatly my company doesn't use IPv6 yet and I dont know if I can force them to do so.
But I don't understand how this could help me since every article is about if they have some service running and want to reach them from the internet. My thought was (and maybe this is why I fail) that I want to have a kind of translator which routes me to my destination and back.
- My client pc calls via IPv6 some middle man address
- The address forwards my request to my companys address via IPv4
- Company sends requests to the middle man who sends it back to me via IPv6 (and so on)
I'm happy about every hint. If you need more details please let me know.