I have killed my few days trying to fix this issue but I cannot figure out anything to solve this.
So I have a VPS and it has Webuzo panel installed in it. I added few domains and also added the
DMARC ... etc so that my emails can work properly. The Webuzo panel was showing everything done, but when I test it with external website it shows that there is no SPF record for my domain.
I used the command
dig on my server to test the domain, and I get following output:
[root@hit named]# dig -t txt example.com ; <<>> DiG 9.9.4-RedHat-9.9.4-74.el7_6.1 <<>> -t txt example.com ;; global options: +cmd ;; Got answer: ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 28691 ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1 ;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION: ; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512 ;; QUESTION SECTION: ;example.com. IN TXT ;; AUTHORITY SECTION: example.com. 1799 IN SOA cdns1.hosting_provider.net. dns.hosting_provider.net. 2018052001 10800 3600 604800 3600 ;; Query time: 85 msec ;; SERVER: 188.8.131.52#53(184.108.40.206) ;; WHEN: Sat Jul 06 16:07:51 UTC 2019 ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 108 [root@hit named]#
When I applied same on say
google.com, it clearly gives SPF record there.
named) for DNS Zone settings. I have tried the
named-checkzone command and it shows no error.
The configuration in
example.com's zone are both created by the panel
Webuzo. The configuration of
named.conf is very basic and I see no issue in it (I can put here if you need). Also the configuration for
example.com is as follows:
$TTL 14400 @ 86400 IN SOA cdns1.hosting-provider.net. admin.hit.example.net. ( 2019070602 ; serial, todays date+todays 86400 ; refresh, seconds 7200 ; retry, seconds 3600000 ; expire, seconds 86400 ); minimum, seconds example.com. IN NS cdns1.hosting-provider.net. example.com. IN NS cdns2.hosting-provider.net. ;Zone Contents example.com. 14400 IN A 220.127.116.11 cdns1 14400 IN A 18.104.22.168 cdns2 14400 IN A 22.214.171.124 localhost.example.com. 14400 IN A 127.0.0.1 example.com. 14400 IN MX 0 example.com. www 14400 IN CNAME example.com. ftp 14400 IN A 126.96.36.199 @ 14400 IN TXT "v=spf1 a mx ip4:188.8.131.52 ~all" _dmarc 14400 IN TXT "v=DMARC1; p=none;"
The only reason I am thinking that the configuration should be "okay" is because they are auto generated by Webuzo. The files are linked properly with
named.conf and they pass the checks by
named-checkzone. And I have no idea why there is no SPF record being shown anywhere!
I know I might be missing something simple, and if this question is already answered then please refer it! I am really frustrated with this as I cannot just figure it out!
Please ask for any clarification if required.