I have two VM with an SQL server on each and I need to connect to both SQL servers from each machine, either from SSMS and with PowerShell script.
Also, today I don't manage to do that I'm always getting "Access Denied" from both server when trying to connect to the remote one.
- Here is my setup.
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Sql Server 2016 Dev edition
- SSMS v18.2
- Both machines are in the AD Domain,
- I'm using on both machine my AD account which is member of the local Admin group of each server
- The access to Administrative shares is working properly.
- My account is member of the sysadmin Server Roles of both SQL server, and owner of the DB I need to reach.
- Both server have the "Allow remote connections to this server" checked.
- Both SQL server service are running under my AD account.
- Both Server have the Firewall disable to make sure this is not due to Firewall restriction.
Any idea what I'm missing ?