I just added a NAS to our office network. The office runs on all windows 10 desktops, 22 in total. All but 2 machines see the shares fine. I could inspect one of them, and found the following:
- I can ping the NAS by name and by ip.
- NAS shows up as a discovered host in file explorer.
- I can not browse to the NAS using name or ip, resulting in error 53 network path not found.
- I cannot browse to any other share on the local network, with the same error, neither by name nor by ip, also other nodes are also discovered fine.
- I can browse to localhost and 127.0.0.1 just fine.
- Other nodes can access shares on this node.
What should I try to have this resolved?
Additional information: It turned out that the computers can access shares on Windows XP computers just fine. I found that out when we activated one of our older spares.
What I tried additional: disabled firewall disabled ipv6
Additional information: I can't browse the shares, but I get the authentication popup when trying to connect to a machine that needs it.
gpresult -r results in similar outputs for the working and not working machines.
Additional information: I checked using powershell, and both SMB1 and SMB2 is enabled on the machines.