Round trip time(RTT) is the length of time it takes for a signal to be sent plus the length of time it takes for an acknowledgement of that signal to be received. This time therefore consists of the propagation times between the two point of signal.
On the Internet, an end user can determine the RTT to and from an IP(Internet Protocol) address by pinging that address. The result depends on various factors :-
1. The data rate transfer of the source’s internet connection.
2. The nature of transmission medium.
3. The physical distance between source and destination.
4. The number of nodes between source and destination.
5. The amount of traffic on the LAN(Local Area Network) to which end user is connected.
6. The number of other requests being handled by intermediate nodes and the remote server.
7. The speed with which intermediate node and the remote server function.
8.The presence of Interference in the circuit.
# This program is used to calculate RTT
# Function to calculate the RTT
# time period when the signal is sent
t1 = time.time()
r = requests.get(url)
# time period when acknowledgement of signal
# is received
t2 = time.time()
# total time taken during this process
tim = str(t2-t1)
print("Time in seconds :" + tim)
# Pilot program
# url address to hit
url = "http://www.google.com"
Time in seconds :0.0579478740692