I set up a Virtual Network on Azure a few days ago and connected our local business Network through a site-to-site VPN Connection with the virtual network. Everything is working fine so far. Then I also set up a Point-to-site VPN connection with my personal computer to connect to the virtual network of azure. This went also fine. I can now reach:
- all ressources from the Virtual Network from our business location
- all ressources from the business location from our virtual network
- all ressources from the Virtual Network from my computer connected through P2S
But I can not
- reach the ressources from our business location through my computer connected through P2S VPN.
I already found some articles:
- Accordingly to this Microsoft Docs article, I just need to add a route on my personal computer, but I have no idea which addresses I have to type in. I tried several combinations but whithout any success.
- I also found this serverfault article, but I have no clue, which IP Adress I have to type in.
Following are some informations about my setup:
- I enabled BGP for the Site-to-Site Connection
- On the business location, I'm using a EdgeRouter6P which is configured accordingly to this setup
and some addresses:
- Business Location Public IP: 18.104.22.168
- Business Location Subnet: 192.168.0.1/24
- Business Location BGP-Peers: 192.168.0.1
- Virtual Network Public IP: 22.214.171.124
- Virtual Network Subnet: 10.0.0.0/8
- Virtual Network BGP-Peers: 10.10.1.254
- Virtual Network Gateway Subnet: 10.10.1.0/24
- Address Pool P2S VPN Clients: 172.20.20.0/24
When I start a tracert command on my personal computer i get the following output:
1 4ms 3ms 2ms 172.20.10.1 2 475ms 47ms 316ms 192.168.44.126 3 * * * Timeout
I'm thankful for any advice or hint.
I added the following route:
route add 192.168.0.0 mask 255.255.255.0 10.10.1.1
and the tracert output was
Routenverfolgung zu 192.168.0.4 über maximal 30 Hops 1 * * * Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
than I added the route
route add 192.168.0.0 mask 255.255.255.0 126.96.36.199
the tracert output was the following:
Routenverfolgung zu 192.168.0.4 über maximal 30 Hops 1 4 ms 1 ms 1 ms internetbox.home [192.168.1.1] 2 2 ms 3 ms 3 ms 188.8.131.52.dynamic.wline.res.cust.swisscom.ch [184.108.40.206] 3 8 ms 3 ms 7 ms 220.127.116.11
It seems that with the second method, all the traffic is routed over the internet.