Before you try to mark this as duplicate, please note that i tried almost everything and that nothing worked. I tried finding a solution but no success. Therefore, i need a fresh look on my problem.
I have been trying to set up a CentOS7 virtual machine using vmware. I was able to install the VM, but i'm having a problem with network. I can' connect to the interent, or any machine on the subnet. This is the error i get: Destination host unreachable
How i configured my network?
- Set static ip
- Set netmask, gateway based on my network settings
- Set dns servers
- Set to ignore the ipv6, since i'm only using the ipv4
- Set to use the NAT adapter
The following things were all checked.
- The network is active ( Checked it with NetworkManager )
- The vmnet8 adapter is enabled ( Checked it through control panel of host machine )
- Also vmnet8 is enabled in the Virtual Network Editor
This is what i tried, didn't work. Still have the same error.
Tried disabling, stopping the firewalld
Tried reaching my gateway, and other machines on subnet
Change the adapter to bridged
This is what worked, but still doesn't solve my problem
- Connect to another VM ( on vmware ) with same network settings, different ip. Working both ways.