New answers tagged

0

Not sure if this is ideal, but I will describe what I've done to fix this. # Tell DHCP client to speak to 10.10.X.X DHCP server at boot # as our networking VLAN isn't passing usual DHCP requests using 255.255.255.255 # broadcast, this can be debugged via `dhcp -d -v ens160` # add the single line between "--" use the IP of DHCP server crontab -e -- ...


0

After doing some experimenting I found that the DHCP Refresh was at a week. I also turned on scavenging to clean up the old records. I set the refresh to 8 hours to keep things up to date. I am made sure the top level DNS server was able to reference addresses to the child domains so they can pass DNS queries to them.


0

This turned out to be caused by class declarations being included inside one of the subnet declarations, when they're actually supposed to be globally defined. In turn this messed with the subnets that were defined, including the one in question.


0

After searching through authorizers I went to the main DHCP server and checked the services to ensure the addresses are in NetServices Attributes. I then restarted that server and when it came back on I restarted the 2 new DHCP servers and the authorized servers started working again. Something was hung up about authorization on the main DHCP server.


3

My build agent VM is Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, it did not have DHCP pre-configured when I made a snapshot. It should have. If the VM had a static IP address when you took a snapshot of it, all clones created from that snapshot will try to use the same network config when they boot. This should not work at all, even if you wait when deploying them. What I think is ...


1

Multiple DHCP servers are fine for failover. They are pretty common on enterprise networks. As long as they issue dynamic leases in different non-overlapping scopes, there is no problem.


0

Replacing send host-name with send fqdn.fqdn actually was the solution, but I think that the existing lease file caused it to not work correctly when I initially tried bringing the interface down and then back up. After rebooting, the below change fixed the problem: - send host-name = gethostname(); + send fqdn.fqdn = gethostname();


0

@ozkolonur Solution has worked for me. Though it adds another 3-4 MB (doubles the clean OS size) There is a bug in new ifupdown script (supposed ifupdown-ng new generation!): ifupdown-ng-0.8.5-r0 x86_64 {ifupdown-ng} (ISC) [installed] Just remove it and install the good old ifupdown: apk update apk del ifupdown-ng apk add ifupdown reboot


0

In class declaration, "match if" and "match" statements will joined as AND (intersection), so class may be rewrited as: class "fixVms" { match if substring(hardware, 1, 4) = 00:15:5d:aa or substring(hardware, 1, 6) = 00:15:5d:bb:00:00; } if needed static macs list for mac prefixes 00:15:5d:aa and 00:15:5d:bb : class "...


0

I had this issue and it turned out that ' cloud-init ' was installed on my system. It had configuration files in /etc/network/interfaces.d/ for eth0 which defined a DHCP setup, while I had static config in /etc/network/interfaces I removed the cloud-init package and manually removed the files in /etc/network/interfaces.d/


0

I have ended up using dhclient, which is also very lightweight apk add dhclient coreutils create a config file at /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf send host-name = gethostname(); prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1; request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers, domain-name, domain-name-servers, host-name; require subnet-mask, domain-name-...


1

There's no functionality in the Windows SSTP client to specify any kind of scope of authority with a DNS server. You just get to tell the client what DNS server to use. Were I in this situation I'd spin-up a standalone DNS server on your LAN with root hints or a forwarder to a public DNS server and a stub zone for the "ad.example.com" referring to ...


1

Just had the same issue - all domain accounts giving "incorrect password" error, local user account working fine - and a reboot fixed it for me. I realize this question is several years old, but at least here's a fix that has actually worked for the problem described in this question, at least once!


Top 50 recent answers are included