Each ELB has an AWS-assigned DNS name that you should use.
If you create the ELB through CloudFormation you can get the name with Fn:GetAtt ELB.DNSName as described in AWS::ElasticLoadBalancing::LoadBalancer Return Values:
Value: !GetAtt ...
First, consider the complexity you are willing to take on to bring availability above a single load balanancer box. Load is generally not a problem, a single host can hand off a very high number of connections.
Load balancers can be clustered like anything else, addressing hardware or other node failures. An open source example would be haproxy with VRRP ...
See HAPROXY or similar load/balance haproxy
ADD to response question:
Ok, yo need only one DNS record
client <-> HAPROXY <-> server A
<-> server B
HAPROXY is on middle of client a servers.
HAPROXY config like
acl host_mysite hdr(host) -i mysite.com
use_backend mysite if host_mysite
I had the similar requirement for apache ranger installation with HA with load balancer in GCP. Just created one firewall rule to allow traffic from 184.108.40.206/22 and 220.127.116.11/16 on ranger port(6080).
The important thing we have to do is in health check -> select TCP protocol with port 6080 (in your case it would be8545).Then you can access your load ...
You need to define a health check for your backends.
Find some simple request that tomcat can serve without incurring too much processing overhead; generally something like /img/empty.gif will be used. Point is that this can be checked to give a HTTP status 200 when tomcat is up and running, and some other error when tomcat is not working.
Modify your ...
Reliability is never 100%.
Typical bit error rates are irrelevant if you have not searched for faults in this network. A spec may say 1 error bit in however many billion, but that doesn't prevent your hardware from being faulty or your software buggy.
Review error logs and resource utilization of the web server.
Identify all firewalls, proxies, and other ...
I ended up doing the following:
Creating a file; healthcheck.html ('OK' was the only content) which I added into the application's root folder of the .war file that was running on I.
I then opened up the spring-security filters of the application so that this URL would be exposed.
I also had to edit the web.xml for the application running on I.
I setup one ...