3

Your server is running MS SQL, and you are trying to connect to it using MySQL client. MySQL and MS SQL are different products, and you cannot use tools designed for MySQL to access MS SQL server. You need to use MS SQL client to access your MS SQL server.


3

Is your server directly exposed to the internet? It's not a common practice anymore. Usually there is a load balancer or reverse proxy in front of it these days. If there is, that's what the SSL labs scan is hitting and that's where you need to disable TLS 1.0 and 1.1.


1

I have created a clean installation and performing sysprep after each “basic software” installation, which uncovered a culprit. One of my "software basics" included Azure File Sync, by Microsoft. I installed the 10.1.0.0 version, which on the interoperability notes says: Running sysprep on a server that has the Azure File Sync agent installed is ...


1

For your problem, it's you use the local group policy console (gpedit.msc) from the DC. You should edit the Default Domain Policy (with the domain Goup Policy's Console), which are where those settings are stored.


1

Is there a way to mix the two, have internal records setup which it would prioritise but if it cannot resolve, it goes to the registrar to check there? Sort of. Create an internal zone for the specific resource, like www.example.com. Then populate the zone with a "same as parent folder" A record for the ip address of the internal application/...


1

WS2016 individual S2D disk evacuation process is broken, you need to a) backup your data, b) devastate S2D cluster/pool/etc, c) create it fresh new from the scratch, and d) get your data back from the backup.


1

I had this issue as well until I discovered the TLS settings between the two systems were in conflict. The server hosting the metadata was set to use only TLS 1.2 while the ADFS server running on Windows Server 2016 was set to the default TLS settings. When I changed the ADFS server to only use TLS 1.2, the issue was resolved.


1

Choosing not to install updates at the beginning of the process and unplugging the unplugging the Ethernet also worked for me to get around this. Hallelujah!


Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible